Telephone Application Process
If you would like to receive telephone calls from a resident, you must fill out this Telephone Application. You must mail the completed telephone application to the address below.
Any telephone number the resident wishes to call must first go through the telephone application process, which can take 7 to 14 days.
- Once the application is either approved or denied, it will be returned to the resident. It is the resident’s responsibility to notify you of the status of your application. Due to security reasons, we will not discuss this information over the telephone.
- Residents are allowed to have a total of 20 numbers on their approved telephone list.
When a resident arrives at the North Dakota State Penitentiary for orientation:
- They are allowed to choose one temporary telephone number to contact, which is valid for 30 days.
- They are given two initial 5-minute telephone calls upon arriving at the facility.
- After the two initial telephone calls, any following calls must be paid for by either the resident or the approved caller.
Purchasing Telephone Time:
- The resident must purchase their telephone time using their commissary account.
- Should the approved caller choose to pay for their telephone calls, they need to set up a collect call account through Securus Technologies. This can be done by going online to securustech.net or calling Securus at 1-800-844-6591.
- All telephone rates are billed at .079 cents per minute.
- The DOCR does not have a resident messaging line available to leave voice messages. Staff will not take messages to pass along to residents.
Attorney Telephone Calls:
- For information on attorney telephone calls, please visit our Access to Courts page.