Effective July 1, 2022, the North Dakota Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation will no longer require resident's family and friends to complete and send in telephone applications to have telephone numbers added to a resident's calling list. Residents will now be able to call your telephone number and, if you accept the call, your number will automatically be added to the resident's approved calling list.
When a resident arrives at the North Dakota State Penitentiary for orientation:
- They are given two initial 5-minute telephone calls upon arriving at the facility.
- After the two initial telephone calls, any following calls must be paid for by either the resident or the approved caller.
Purchasing Telephone Time:
- The resident must purchase their telephone time using their commissary account.
- Should the approved caller choose to pay for their telephone calls, they need to set up a collect call account through Securus Technologies. This can be done by going online to securustech.net or calling Securus at 1-800-844-6591.
- All telephone rates are billed at .079 cents per minute.
- The DOCR does not have a resident messaging line available to leave voice messages. Staff will not take messages to pass along to residents.
Attorney Telephone Calls:
- For information on attorney telephone calls, please visit our Access to Courts page.