The mission of the ND Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCR) is transforming lives, influencing change, strengthening community. To accomplish this mission, the ND DOCR utilizes more than 100 different job classifications or types of work. Our employees provide many different services to a diverse correctional population of juveniles and adults, such as therapeutic rehabilitation, medical care, physical plant services, education, information technology, and a variety of correctional security and law enforcement jobs responsible for security and management of individuals in the custody of the DOCR.
Click here to learn more about the Justice Reinvestment Initiative.
Click here to view jobs and apply online for a DOCR job now! (an online application must be submitted to be considered for any DOCR job posting) Once on the jobs page, click on View All Jobs, then select Corrections & Rehab within the Agency section on the far left.
- Training – The DOCR provides valuable job specific training for our employees!
- Promotional Opportunities – The DOCR promotes from within for many supervisory and management positions.
- Job Stability – Corrections is a key component of the criminal justice system.
- Veterans Welcome! – The DOCR recognizes the training, skills, discipline, and team-oriented nature of our nation’s veterans. The DOCR awards veterans preference in accordance with state and federal law and encourages all veterans to consider a career in corrections.
- Internships available – Contact DOCR Human Resources at DOCRInternship@nd.gov for information on internship opportunities.
- DOCR Media and Reports
- DOCR Employee Handbook
- DOCR New Employee Orientation
- New employee orientation is held the first day of employment in Bismarck at the DOCR Central Office on the ND State Penitentiary grounds.
- On day one of employment, you must bring the following.
- Federal law mandates that ND DOCR human resources officials view original (not copies of) acceptable documents on the first day of employment in order to verify eligibility to work in the United States.
- You must bring this documentation with you on the first day of employment.
- All employees hired by the State of ND shall have wages paid with direct deposit in the financial institution of the employee’s choice.
- You must bring a voided check or bank verification document for the account number you wish to have your funds deposited into. A deposit slip is not acceptable.
- If you have any questions about these mandatory documents, please contact the DOCR Payroll Office at 701-328-6105.
- Rick Peterson – James River Correctional Center (JRCC) recruiting and Missouri River Correctional Center (MRCC) recruiting; Phone-701-934-1499
- Sarah Stinar – ND State Penitentiary (NDSP) recruiting and Rough Rider Industries (RRI) recruiting; Phone-701-328-6196
- Brian Miller - Parole and Probation and Transitional Planning Services recruiting; Phone - 701-934-1467
- Meagan Miller – Division of Juvenile Services (DJS) recruiting and Youth Correctional Center (YCC) recruiting, Phone-701-667-1465
- Travis Engelhardt – DOCR Leadership recruiting; Phone-701-328-6102
CareersView All Careers
Closing Date: 05/29/2020
Location: Bismarck, ND
Closing Date: 06/07/2020
Location: Bismarck, ND
Closing Date: 06/08/2020
Location: Minot, ND