DOCR Facility Audit Reports
During each three-year audit cycle, the DOCR ensures an independent auditor conducts an audit of all facilities to confirm continued compliance with the standards. The reports for each facility are below.
Cycle 1: August 20, 2013 through August 19, 2016
Cycle 2: August 20, 2016 through August 19, 2019
Cycle 3: August 20, 2019 through August 19, 2022
DOCR Annual Reports
The DOCR is committed to providing safe and secure facilities for all who work and resident within them.
DOCR reviews all allegations and investigations from all facilities on an annual basis in an effort to recognize and correct any potential issues. The information obtained from this review is compiled into one annual report for the agency.
Definitions of Acts:
- Non-Consensual Sexual Acts: Sexual contact of any person without his or her consent, or of a person who is unable to consent or refuse, contact between the penis and vulva or penis and anus including penetration, however slight; contact between the mouth and the penis, vulva, or anus; or penetration of the anal or genital opening of another person, however slight, by a hand, finger, object, or other instrument.
- Abusive Sexual Contact: Sexual contact of any person without his or her consent, or of a person who is unable to consent or refuse and intentional touching, either directly or through the clothing, of the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person. (Excludes incidents in which the contact was incidental to a physical altercation.)
- Staff Sexual Misconduct: Any behavior or act of a sexual nature directed toward a resident by an employee, volunteer, or contractor. Sexual relationships of a romantic nature between staff and residents are included in this definition. Consensual or nonconsensual sexual acts include:
- Intentional touching, either directly or through the clothing of the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks that is unrelated to official duties or with the intent to abuse, arouse, or gratify sexual desire;
- Completed, attempted, threatened, or requested sexual acts;
- Occurrences of indecent exposure, invasion of privacy, or staff voyeurism for reasons unrelated to official duties.
- Sexual Harassment: Repeated and unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or verbal comments, gestures, or actions of a derogatory or offensive sexual nature by one resident directed towards another.
- Staff Sexual Harassment: Repeated verbal comments or gestures of a sexual nature to a resident by an employee, contractor, or volunteer that include demeaning references to gender; sexually suggestive or derogatory comments about body or clothing or repeated profane or obscene language or gestures.
Definitions of Findings:
- Substantiated: Allegation that was investigated and determined to have occurred.
- Unsubstantiated: Allegation that was investigated and the investigation produced insufficient evidence to make a final determination as to whether or not the event occurred.
- Unfounded: Allegation that was investigated and determined not to have occurred.