The mission of the ND Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCR) is transforming lives, influencing change, strengthening community. To accomplish this mission, the DOCR utilizes more than 100 different job classifications or types of work. Our employees provide many different services to a diverse correctional population of juveniles and adults, such as therapeutic rehabilitation, medical care, physical plant services, education, information technology, and a variety of correctional security and law enforcement jobs responsible for security and management of individuals in the custody of the DOCR.
**For the safety of our employees and those considering employment with the ND DOCR, we are currently conducting all interviews virtually. In addition, our onboarding process has changed and new hire onboarding is at least partially completed remotely. As we monitor the pandemic, these arrangements may change and we will update accordingly.
Visit our North Dakota State website to find your DOCR calling! Once on the Join Team ND - Find Your Calling page, select "Search for All Careers", then under the Agency section, select "Corrections & Rehab". An online application must be submitted to be considered for any DOCR job posting.
Visit our North Dakota State website to learn more about State Employee Benefits.
- The DOCR provides valuable job specific training for our employees!
- Promotional Opportunities
- The DOCR promotes from within for many supervisory and management positions.
- Job Stability
- Corrections is a key component of the criminal justice system.
- Veterans Welcome!
- The DOCR recognizes the training, skills, discipline, and team-oriented nature of our nation’s veterans. The DOCR awards veterans preference in accordance with state and federal law and encourages all veterans to consider a career in corrections.
- Internships Available
- Contact DOCR Human Resources at DOCRInternship@nd.gov for information on internship opportunities.
- DOCR Employee Handbook
- DOCR New Employee Orientation
- New employee orientation is held the first day of employment in Bismarck at the DOCR Central Office on the ND State Penitentiary grounds.
- On day one of employment, you must bring the following.
- Federal law mandates that ND DOCR human resources officials view original (not copies of) acceptable documents on the first day of employment in order to verify eligibility to work in the United States.
- You must bring this documentation with you on the first day of employment.
- All employees hired by the State of ND shall have wages paid with direct deposit in the financial institution of the employee’s choice.
- You must bring a voided check or bank verification document for the account number you wish to have your funds deposited into. A deposit slip is not acceptable.
- If you have any questions about these mandatory documents, please contact the DOCR Payroll Office at 701.328.6105.
- Rick Peterson, and Missouri River Correctional Center (MRCC) recruiting and Rough Rider Industries (RRI) recruiting
- Telephone: 701.934.1499
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheryl Dewald, James River Correctional Center (JRCC) recruiting
- Telephone: 701.253.3928
- Email: email@example.com
- Alexis Archambault, Youth Correctional Center (YCC), Heart River Correctional Center (HRCC), and North Dakota State Penitentiary (NDSP) correctional officer recruiting
- Telephone: 701.214.8084
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Riggle, North Dakota State Penitentiary (NDSP) recruiting
- Telephone: 701.328.6196
- Email: email@example.com
- Brian Miller, Parole and Probation and Transitional Planning Services recruiting
- Telephone: 701.934.1467
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Weising, Division of Juvenile Services (DJS) recruiting, Youth Correctional Center (YCC) recruiting, and Heart River Correctional Center (HRCC)
- Telephone: 701.667.1465
- Email: email@example.com
- Travis Engelhardt, DOCR Leadership recruiting
- Telephone: 701.328.6102
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Title||Location||Full /Part Time||Closing Date||Agency||Field|
|Family Services Specialist In Home||Minot||Full Time||10/02/2022||ND Health and Human Services||Protective Services|
|Program Administrator||Fargo||Part Time||10/04/2022||ND Health and Human Services||Admin & Office Services|
|Project Manager||Telecommute||Full Time||09/25/2022||North Dakota Information Technology Dept||Professional Services|
|Transportation Engineer I||Devils Lake||Full Time||10/31/2022||North Dakota Department of Transportation||Engineering & Planning Svcs|
|Bank Examiner||Multiple Locations||Full Time||10/09/2022||North Dakota Dept of Financial Institutions||Compl, Insp & Investigat Svcs|
|Foster Care and In-Home Services Case Manager||Bowbells||Full Time||10/02/2022||ND Health and Human Services||Protective Services|
|Transportation Engineer I||Williston||Full Time||10/31/2022||North Dakota Department of Transportation||Engineering & Planning Svcs|
|Commissioner of ND Department of Labor and Human Rights||Bismarck||Full Time||09/25/2022||North Dakota Labor Commissioner||Manager Directors Chiefs|
|Juvenile Institutional Resident Specialist||Mandan||Full Time||09/30/2022||North Dakota Corrections & Rehab||Protective Services|
|Direct Care Associate||Jamestown||Full Time||10/02/2022||ND Health and Human Services||Human Services|